September marked the release of a handful of albums from some of my favorite artists. Disclosure’s Caracal was indisputably one of the most highly anticipated releases of the year. Similar to their groundbreaking debut album, Caracal is packed with a star-studded roster, including Sam Smith, Miguel, Lorde, and The Weeknd. “Magnets,” featuring the always lovely lyricist, Lorde, is a clear cut above the rest of the album, but the remaining tracks are repetitive and far too similar in sound.
Metric returned with their sixth album, Pagans in Vegas. My long lasting fanship of the band developed during my teenage years of female angst and has managed to continue as the group maintains their consistent appeal. Perhaps my favorite album from September came in the form of Kurt Vile’s dreamy and mellow b’lieve i’m goin down. While the lyrics of this album explore darker territories of loneliness and isolation, Vile continues to create an alternative, dreamlike state of mind with his folksy riffs. Unique in both his sound and conversational delivery, Vile’s b’lieve i’m goin down is one smooth flowing ride.
1) Shining Like a Diamond- The Outer Vibe
2) New Americana- Halsey
3) Light (feat. Little Dragon)- ODESZA, Little Dragon
4) Lights And Camera- Yuna, Gerald Earl Gillum
5) Return to the Moon- EL VY
6) Till Sunrise (feat. Mammals)- Goldroom
7) Purple Yellow Red and Blue- Passion Pit Remix- Portugal. The Man
8) This Love Is Here To Stay- Thomas Dybdahl
9) Lights On- Big Grams
10) Magnets- Disclosure, Lorde
11) No No No- Beirut
12) Cream on Chrome- Ratatat
13) Dust Bunnies- Kurt Vile
14) Lie Lie Lie- Metric
Follow me on Spotify!