One of my least favorite questions is “what type of music do you listen to?” It assumes a constrictive realm of listening and adds yet another label with which to needlessly identify. When you’re open-minded to music, and arguably to life, you will undoubtedly be blown away by talented people in all realms.
This month’s playlist features a diverse range of genres- bluegrass to soulful R&B to electronic-influenced jazz. The most delightful of these new music discoveries was the songstress, Alice Smith, partner of Citizen Cope. She came out for a song at his House of Blues performance last week and sent chills down my spine with her powerful presence and voice. Smith’s latest album, She, is an absolute must-hear!
1) You Will Return- Quantic, Alice Russell
2) Can’t Do Without You- Caribou
3) Dearly Departed- Shakey Graves
4) Problem (Solved)- SBTRKT, Jessie Ware
5) Night Vision- Tennis
6) September Fields- Frazey Ford
7) Look Away- SBTRKT, Caroline Polachek
8) Want Your Feeling- Jessie Ware
9) Drive Desperate- Cold War Kids
10) Big Time Nashville Star- Shakey Graves
11) You & I (Forever)- Jessie Ware
12) Simple Science- Zero 7
13) Love Ain’t Enough- The Barr Brothers
14) Another Love- Alice Smith
15) Ocean- Alice Smith
Follow me on Spotify!