The steady stream of exceptional albums just keeps flowing this summer, with much anticipated releases from Arcade Fire and Lana Del Rey. Lana del Rey’s Lust for Life doesn’t disappoint, with her dreamy vocals and ethereal soundscape allowing for a brief reprieve in her whimsical universe.
Perhaps my favorite album from start to finish to drop this month was Vera Blue’s Perennial. Vera Blue is an Australian-based singer-songwriter who first came into the spotlight several years ago following a second place spot on The Voice Australia. The tracks included on this playlist are her more upbeat, catchy rhythms, but her album is a brilliant showcase for the depth and sheer beauty of her voice.
1) Regular Touch- Vera Blue
2) Seeing All Red- Shakey Graves
3) Signs of Life- Arcade Fire
4) Gentle Storm (I Found Peace)- Elbow
5) helpline (feat. Tom Tripp)- Mura Masa
6) Don’t Delete The Kisses- Wolf Alice
7) Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky)- Lana Del Rey
8) Labyrinth- Toro y Moi
9) Fuck They- Sofi Tukker
10) By Design- Kid Cudi
11) Lady Powers- Vera Blue
12) Bad Girls- NoMBe
13) Boys- Charli XCX
14) Midnight- Jessie Ware
15) The Glow- Echo Mountain Sessions- Sylvan Esso
Follow me on Spotify!