This month in music was all about making new that which I’d previously considered old. With truly unique remixes of Future Islands’ “Seasons,” and Vance Joy’s “Riptide,” I was able to enjoy a fresh spin on two tracks that I thought I had thoroughly exhausted. Upon revisiting the albums of some of my favorite female artists, including Yuna, St. Vincent, and Jenny Lewis, I found gorgeous tracks of theirs that I managed to overlook the first time.
Perhaps the most beautiful song on this month’s playlist is José González’ “This Is How We Walk On The Moon.” Curious as to how I’d missed this track by one of my favorite musicians, a quick Google search informed me that it was part of a tribute album to Arthur Russell, a brilliant New York cellist and composer that passed away in the early 90’s from AIDS. The track itself is a cover of Russell’s posthumously-released work.
1) Seasons (Waiting On You) [BADBADNOTGOOD Reinterpretation] – Future Islands
2) Digital Witness- St. Vincent
3) Favourite Thing- Yuna
4) Riptide-FlicFlac Remix- Vance Joy
5) Kansas City- The New Basement Tapes
6) Head Underwater- Jenny Lewis
7) Numb- Niia
8) Ohio-filous Remix- Damien Jurado
9) The Other Side- Madi Diaz
10) First Train Home- Imogen Heap
11) This Is How We Walk On The Moon- José González
12) By Fire- Hiatus Kaiyote
Follow me on Spotify!