With summer nearly upon us, this playlist couldn’t be a better reflection of the infectious energy that comes along with the gloriously long, summer days. Janelle Monáe released an incredibly catchy single, “Yoga” that flows just as smoothly as a vinyasa and showcases her brilliant vocal range. Best Coast, the indie darlings of Los Angeles, released their third album, California Nights. The duo continues to wax poetic over the loveliness that is California but with a far more moody, expansive and atmospheric tone this time around.
One of the best EP’s released this month came in the form of Tei Shi’s Verde. The Colombian born singer based in Brooklyn, debuted a chillingly beautiful EP with a dreamy, ethereal vibe. Get listening- summer is coming!
1) Yoga- Janelle Monáe, Jidenna
2) California Nights- Best Coast
3) Real Life- Tanlines
4) Wish I Was- Spada Remix
5) The Gin One- Nadine Shah
6) How To Be A Heartbreaker- Marina and The Diamonds
7) Sunshine on My Back- The National
8) 400 Blows- Zero 7, Danny Pratt
9) Crystals- Of Monsters and Men
10) Woman (Oh Mama)- Joy Williams
11) The Chase- Future Islands
12) Go Slow- Tei Shi
Follow me on Spotify!